Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sickening stuff (part 2)

A while back (2014 actually!) I went on a bit of a rant about new 'Saw' rides at Thorpe park.

I must admit, I do sound like a bit of a right-wing Daily Mail-reading killjoy (honestly, I'm not!) but I still stand by the sentiment of what I said. I have nothing against those kind of movies being made, but I do think it's questionable to have them out into the open as part of a 'family' theme park. If it was a 'horror' theme park, then fair enough, but Thorpe Park is for all ages and should make sure its rides are appropriate.

It seems this trend isn't going away.

Now you can go on the Walking Dead at Thorpe Park and Wicker Man.

Oh, what fun!

Have the people who commissioned those rides seen The Walking Dead? Have they bothered to watch The Wicker Man? There's nothing - nothing - family friendly about them.

What next? A medieval torture ride where kids can watch actors being flayed alive or hung, drawn and quartered?

Sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment