Thursday, March 12, 2009

Barefoot

Thanks to my friend Don, who I got to know last summer, I was introduced to the liberation of walking around in bare feet. To be quite frank, us westerners don't do it enough. We might do it as we walk from bathroom to bedroom, but that's about it.

I am sitting writing this with no socks on and it feels good. I would like to encourage you to do it every once in a while too - indoors and out. Free your feet from the constraints of shoes and socks, you know you want to! 
 
Sometimes it's good to connect with the ground we walk upon.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once read a very interesting article about walking barefoot. http://anthropik.com/2007/06/learning-to-walk/

    It suggests that we have ruined our natural gait by wearing modenr footwear. Worth a read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - from now on I shall be fox walking!

    ReplyDelete