Saturday, January 11, 2020

A look ahead to 2020

This time last year, I wrote about big changes for 2019. I wasn't wrong, but looking at what I read I don't think I quite did as much as what I'd hoped to do.

I'm not one for New Year resolutions, but I do think this time of year is as good as any to take stock of things and look ahead. Now that the big family stuff of 2019 is out of the way, hopefully I can focus on the smaller, personal things.

One thing I'm not good at, and need to work on, is reviewing my goals on a regular basis. I need to try and do this at the start of each month in order to (hopefully) remind me I need to work on them. Without doing this, I am prone to shove my goals in a drawer and forget them until twelve months later.

Here are my goals for 2020:
- Finish my feature script
- Start learning Welsh
- Finish at least two of my creative projects
- Improve my fitness and healthy eating
- Improve my mental health well-being
- Increase my income from work
- Set up a Basic Income podcast
- Set up a Christian Filmmaking podcast

It sounds quite a lot, so I'll be interested to see if I manage to get any of these done. But, hey, if you don't at least try you'll never get anywhere.

That being said, I think it's important not to be too inward looking. I have another goal which I need to keep at the forefront of my mind:

- Be loving, kind and generous to others at every opportunity

Pretty obvious you might say, but in this day and age it's easy to think about ourselves all the time, rather than others.

Here's to a positive, fruitful (and kind) 2020.



No comments:

Post a Comment