Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Looking forward to 2019


Happy New Year!

Not wanting to sound overly dramatic but 2019 is potentially going to be a big year for me.

Big – as in lots of changes and significant stuff happening, rather than I'm going to get a massive record contract or I'm going to cure cancer. Sorry to raise any hopes.

Firstly, we have some house renovations to do. We are planning to extend our upstairs area by converting our attic into a new room, adding a shower and expanding the existing top toom. Also, we are going to get a new kitchen. This is sorely needed as we have doors literally hanging off their hinges and flooring with great chunks missing.

We have two trips to France planned for this year. One to celebrate Wifey's brother's wedding and one to celebrate my mum's 70th birthday. Hopefully our travels won't be adversly affected by Brexit.

Ah, Brexit. That big, fat, country-sized turd of spite and selfishness that is making HM Government eat itself. As an ardent remainer, I have watched with bewildered morbid fascination at the Brexit Bunch jumping over themselves and stabbing one another in the back in order to keep their self-destructive fantasy on the wobbly rails. It's worse than car-crash telly.

Our leaders are fudging governance so badly it may lead to civil war, Russian annexation or worse (being Trump's 51st state?). And that's after we crash out of the EU with no trade deals or agreements whatsoever with anyone. An island adrift, tready to be devoured by voracious states or immoral multinationals.

So, I hope I look back on this and am able to laugh at my silly pessimism and thank the Lord that common sense prevailed.

As for the rest of 2019, I am mulling over the idea of crowdfunding a short film, researching new ways of expanding my freelance business and doing some more work on scripts and ideas I've been working on.

We are also going to explore fostering in earnest this year, once we have done the work on the house. This may take a while, so I have no idea how long it will be before we are ready to start – but this will be another big change in the JC household.

It's hopefully going to be a fairly creative year – even while the world comes crashing down around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment