Sunday, July 22, 2018

This week I have been mostly... wb 16/08/18

Week beginning 16/08/18

No. of evening meetings: 1
Films watched: 1
Healthy eating: Good
Mental health: OK

Annoying start to the week when a client canceled on me. I wasn’t really looking forward to it (a wedding shoot), but I do need the money. Even so, it meant I could get on with those fiddly little jobs that seem to fill in the cracks and also catch up with a few people.

I’ve been ill the last two weeks with a virus which I seem to get once a year. It’s one of those cold-y type bugs which saps your strength and mental energy. It feels good to finally have shaken it off and get back into my normal routine. Illness invariably means I eat rubbish food and so I’ve had to claw my way back to eating healthily again which is a bit of a shock to the system (“where’s all the fat and sugar!” my body screams at me).

It’s the last week of term and the kids definitely need a break. Saying that, they’ve had it pretty easy in school - I don’t think they’ve done any proper schoolwork for ages so already their brains are turning to mush. I’m sure there’s a better way of organising the school year, but hey what do I know?

Sadly our pet hamster died over the weekend (we discovered him on Sunday morning). He was a present for No. 2 son for his fourth brithday and has survived for over 2 years which is pretty good going. I don't know if the current heatwave is to blame for his demise (I wouldn't be surprised) but he lived long for one of his kind so that's something. It's also be a lesson in mortality for the kids. No. 2 was upset, but has gotten over it pretty quick (he's scheming for a cat - but that's not happening ... yet).

We’re off on hols next week - can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment