Sunday, February 3, 2019

This week I have been mostly... wb 28/01/19

Week beginning 28/01/19

No. of evening meetings: 2
Films watched:3
Healthy eating: Poor
Mental health: OK

Plague, Balls and Welsh Cakes

This week I have been mostly working from home with the odd venture out into the open. This is partly because I have had to keep an eye on number two son who has been off school with a cough. I’m not very sympathetic on these occasions sadly as I always default to suspecting the patient is not as ill as they say they are (especially if it means missing school and watching TV for most of the day). Number one son was off later in the week as well ... copycat phantom illness maybe??

One outing I had to make was the local hospital for a slightly embarrassing ultrasound on my privates. I’d had some funny pains 'down below' around Christmas time and thought I’d better get them checked out. It took a few weeks to get a scan but when I did it was a relatively quick and simple process. It was a bit embarrassing having some old dude slap some gel on my bits and rummage around with a scanner but he declared it was all clear so that was a relief.

On Saturday I ended up doing a ton of craft activities with number two son – such is his keen interest in making creative stuff – but we also spent some time making Welsh Cakes (thanks in part to seeing something on Twitter about them and being inspired to do some baking). I suspect my ardent nationalism may have been inspired by these little round treats. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment