Sunday, April 8, 2018

This week I have been mostly... w/b 02/04/18

Week beginning: 02/04/18

No. of evening meetings: 0 (woohoo!)
Films watched: 3
Healthy eating: Bad (it's the Easter hols)
Mental health: OK


The post-Easter period is a bit of a funny one as the kids are off school and I tend to keep working. Not only that, there are lots of chocolate and other Easter treats in the house which means I find it hard to avoid the crappy food.


Workwise, apart from the ton of editing to do I had a meeting to discuss an animation project and helped to film a wedding on the Saturday. I don't like working Saturdays, and I'm not a big fan of weddings either but was doing it as a favour. Luckily I wasn't filming all day and managed to head home about 3 o'clock.


We are in the process of preparing for fostering full-time (not for a while yet, though - it's probably still a few years away), but as part of the process we are helping out where we can to get some experience. We had out first proper tast of it this week with a little boy who is just under two years of age that came to stay for a bit. It went really well and we're hoping to continue helping out in the future.


I went to see Ready Player One this week, and entered the cinema with a bit of trepidation (mainly because I'd seen some mixed reviews accusing it of being nothing but a vacuous nostalgia-fest, but also because I really enjoyed the book and knew that a lot had been changed to fit it into a movie). Thankfully, I enjoyed it. It was really good fun, and had lots of great moments. I think I will try and write a proper review at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment