Saturday, September 22, 2018

Oreo update

Seems Oreo have been busy lately, having brought out various new kinds of snacks based on the eponymous cookie. Here's a round up of what I've managed to sample lately...

Oreo Birthday Party Cookies
These are apparently caramel flavour and they have sprinkles in the creme. Quite how caramel constitutes the taste of a 'birthday' I'm not sure but I won't argue with the great Oreo creator in the sky. These taste good, actually. The difference in flavouring from normal Oreos is subtle, but they're pretty much just normal Oreo cookies.

Oreo Joy Fills
OK, when you look at the packaging you think: woah, these look amazing! Don't be fooled. They're not really. They are, simply put, just cereal re-packaged as treats. Admitedly, cereal that is loaded with sugar and all sorts of other bad stuff, but it's still cereal. I say cereal because they're not a million miles from Kellogg's Krave - another high-sugar breakfast cereal - which are the same shape. The outer 'pillow' is like eating chocolate flavour scrubbing pads and the interior creme, while not horrible-tasting, is clearly not actual Oreo creme (because it's too gooey - it's kind of a watered down version). There are other variations of Joy Fill out there (yes, I have seen them) but I'm not sure I'm going to try them.

Oreo Thins Coconut Flavour
I have to confess I love Oreo Thins, almost more than the original cookie (but not more than Double Stuff - oh no!). It must be hard to think up original new flavours though (Asparagus flavour! Double shot Tequila Flavour!), and I have to admit that coconut flavour sounded a bit dubious to me. However, having tried them I think they are pretty amazing. They remind me of Nice biscuits, which I happily hoover up whenever offered, but the fact that these are Oreo Thins - well, it's a match made in heaven in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment