Friday, July 27, 2018

Oreo Cakes

Here's another Oreo product report, which I occasionally do on my blog.


I found these Oreo Cakes in Home Bargains of all places and I was intrigued because I’d never seen them before so immediately figured they were some weird knock off imports or something.

Turns out I was right (sort of). They are made in Egypt by Mondelez (the company who owns the Cadbury and Oreo brands).

What do they taste like? Well, bland. The sponge is dry and not very sweet and the internal icing is just a bit meh. What is disappointing is that the chocolate it is coated in is not proper Cadbury chocolate and the filling tastes nothing like Oreo creme.

I know that different countries / regions have different palates and so recipes for well-known foods are altered to suit local preferences, but this cake didn't even remotely taste like what it should according to the packaging. Trading standards!

So if you were thinking of buying these, don't.

More Oreo reviews from the archives:
Oreo easter eggs
Snowy Oreos
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
Oreo Peanut Butter Flavour
Oreo Thins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment