Sunday, July 22, 2018

Duncan Jones teases Rogue Trooper movie

This is pretty cool. As a fan of all things 2000AD, I was excited when I saw the above tweet and video.

Jones, Director of Muse, Moon and Source Code is stepping into the 'Megaverse' (I didn't know that was a thing, but it's a cool name) and pretty much announced he is going to make Rogue Trooper into a film.

Rogue is probably one of my second or third favourite characters from the anarchic British comic, so it's great to hear that things are moving forward on this. I remember reading years ago that someone was trying to do this and nothing ever happened, but hopefully Jones has enough clout to get something off the ground this time around.

A Rogue Trooper fan film was released on YouTube recently, and has had pretty decent views which may be connect to Jones' announcement


I just hope it does better than another 'Megaverse' title: the excellent Karl Urban's Dredd.

No comments:

Post a Comment