Friday, April 17, 2015

No more Star Wars spoilers please!




Like the majority of geeks across the planet, I am very excited about the next Star Wars installment. Directed by someone with a good track record who clearly has a passion for the franchise I am, like most people, pretty optimistic.

Having seen two teaser trailers, my appetite has been suitably wetted, but I refuse to watch any more before I get to see the film. I am wary of trailers for big-budget movies - mainly because they either give away key plot points, spoil the finale or mislead you entirely about the storyline (or usually all of those combined). It's a cynical thing for studios to allow, because it hypes up a film to a ridiculous amount and then spoils the wonder and surprise, leaving a bad taste in the mouth.

You may remember this trailer whipping up a frenzy when it came out in 1999 (almost crashing the internet)...



...and then everyone coming out of the cinema afterwards scratching their heads realising they'd just watched a huge turd.

It's not going to be easy to avoid all the spoilery stuff between now and Christmas but I'm going to do my darnest because I want to go into the cinema with as little expectation as possible.

Sadly, even with these last two teaser trailers, I'm afraid I've already seen too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment